The small town of Bagha (45 km from Rajshahi) is renowned for a sultanate-period mosque, built in the mid-16th century by Sultan Nusrat Shah. It is built in a style that combines Persian, Tughlak and indigenous Bengali elements and is characterized by curved cornice, octagonal corner turrets and profuse terracotta ornamentation. The mosque compound is entered through an arched gateway on the south, a rectangular structure with a turret on either side. The mosque itself has five arched entrances leading to a rectangular prayer chamber divided into two aisles by a row of four granite pillars. These bays are roofed by ten hemispherical domes (restored after they collapsed in an earthquake in 1897). The gently sloping cornice and its slightly projecting eave wraps around the massive corner turrets with domed copulas.